Saturday, May 11, 2013

My New Church Pew


 It is 5 feet long with a little bend in the middle.



I have been dreaming about owning a church pew for years and years. Maybe it was the New England influences that came from my first 14 years in Vermont?  I was on my way to Metropolitan Market to buy a cup of coffee when I noticed a church pew sitting on the grass. Quickly I pulled over to inquire. After one lift & quick look at the quarter sawn oak, it was the pew for me:) I overheard the owner mention to a women, $50 bucks. I couldn't believe it. I probably would have paid $150 bucks.


It was a tight fit, but thankfully fit into my Honda Pilot :)


The new home for my pew may be where the vintage record player is now. The pew matches perfectly with our tiger oak table. Don't you just love the legs on the table? Avery and I purchased it in New Hampshire when we were first married. I think that the pew will fit the space below the painting, a bit better than the record player.....Though that record player is a definite head turner. Did I mention- $50 bucks on that at an Estate sale. 


A little refinishing will be necessary before it comes into the house. I think that I can do it myself - AMEN!


The gentleman who sold me the pew also included this neat book in with my purchase. 

Thank you GOD! 

1 comment:

  1. Great find indeed! And for a cheap price nonetheless! You certainly got lucky with this church pew, thinking that you have been wanting to have one for a long time. Well, can't blame you for wanting it so badly. Not only does it fit with that specific space in your house, but church pews are great to have because of their fine make as well. Not to mention that they add quality to the house. Congratulations!
    Earnestine @ Covenant Church Furniture

    ReplyDelete